March 28, 2024, 07:19:29 AM

News:

Throttle by cable TPS slope

Started by Rodman, December 28, 2021, 10:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodman

Trying to find out if the TPS voltage slope from 0-100% is linear or logarithmic on Delphi setups.
The PF4C used on the marelli bikes has 2 slopes...it's aggressive from 0-45%, then more
linear from 45 -100%. DO the Deplhi TPS's have the same signature or are they more linear?

hrdtail78

It's a simple system.  If it knows open and close voltage.  It determines all other throttle position in a linear fashion based on this.  If open is 4 volts and closed is .5 volts.  50% throttle will be 2.25 volts. 4+.5=4.5,  4.5/2= 2.25.  2.25 is 50% of throttle opening.
Semper Fi

Rodman

Thanks but not what I am asking....
Hoping that some of the tuners can respond with their observations of throttle position at the grip vs TPS signal to the tuning software being used.....maybe that clarifies it better.
I know what the PF4C TPS looks like....it's aggressive at first, hitting 50% Throttle position in the software with 1/3 of the total travel of the grip. The other 2/3 of the travel covers 50-100%.
Wanting to know if this unique to the PF4C or do the delphi's demonstrate the same signature.

hrdtail78

Sorry bud.  Maybe a tuner will respond.
Semper Fi

Coyote

Quote from: Rodman on December 28, 2021, 01:18:40 PMThanks but not what I am asking....
Hoping that some of the tuners can respond with their observations of throttle position at the grip vs TPS signal to the tuning software being used

hrdtail78 is a tuner.. and he answered your question.  :oops:

Rodman

Did not mean to offend anyone....and if I did my apologies.
Just trying to get some input on TPS Slopes...maybe I am exploring something that doesn't get much attention.
MY bad...

Rodman

You cannot see attachments on this board.

This is what I am trying to find more info on.

Coyote

Quote from: hrdtail78 on December 28, 2021, 12:04:06 PMIt's a simple system.  If it knows open and close voltage.  It determines all other throttle position in a linear fashion based on this.  If open is 4 volts and closed is .5 volts.  50% throttle will be 2.25 volts. 4+.5=4.5,  4.5/2= 2.25.  2.25 is 50% of throttle opening.