March 28, 2024, 10:57:28 PM

News:

HPI Throttlebody

Started by WhipLash96, December 30, 2021, 05:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

There's nothing vague about the core requirements. ALL TBW TB's are exchange. ALL cable drive are bought outright. Going to Delphi EFI on a 2001, Id use a cable and be done.

WhipLash96

Quote from: Ohio HD on December 31, 2021, 03:22:20 PMThere's nothing vague about the core requirements. ALL TBW TB's are exchange. ALL cable drive are bought outright. Going to Delphi EFI on a 2001, Id use a cable and be done.
Yep, I think that I will stay with cable drive. lol
Thanks,
Whip

WhipLash96

Quote from: 92flhtcu on December 31, 2021, 07:44:12 AMALL of this only applies to FBW throttle bodies......if the OP's conversion is a FBW, then this applies, if it is cable operated, NONE of the above applies

Thank You for the response!
Thanks,
Whip

kd

Whiplash, you are talking about 2 totally different bikes.  There is no way we will be able to keep this straight in one thread. Can I suggest you consider splitting one out and start another thread for the other.  Keep this one for the bike it fits the most and clear up which one you are discussing before moving on. Reset by giving the full description of the bike and expectations.  The way it goes on here sometimes we all start straying off on some abstract post and it's all lost from then on.

As for your confusion with the HPI throttle body information, take some time to call them and ask for Jimmy (Light).  Explain what you have and want to do and listen to what he says.  In my books and from what I have found out, the HPI stuff is well tested and top notch. Jimmy is very knowledgeable and won't steer you wrong.
KD