March 28, 2024, 02:14:34 PM

News:

Torque Management

Started by jamminhd2000, January 05, 2022, 10:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamminhd2000

Hi all, so I just had this bike tuned (cam job).

2019 Road Glide Special
114 cu in
Stock throttle body/injectors
Hi flow air cleaner
Cr-480 cam
2:1 Thunderheader
Tuned with Powervision

You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.

So dyno guy sends me dyno sheet that is shutting down at about 5k rpm. I questioned him about it and he told me that some bikes do this and he has spoken to dynojet and there is no work around.

A little later in the day he sends me the next dyno sheet and says he fixed it by shutting off the torque management. I am not by any means a tuner and curious is this the proper way to fix the issue? Can it have adverse effects by doing this?

Jimmy

hrdtail78

You can always tune the tq management system. 
Semper Fi

jamminhd2000

Quote from: hrdtail78 on January 05, 2022, 10:21:49 AMYou can always tune the tq management system. 

Thanks hrdtail...so by this response I am assuming shutting it off is not correct and it can have adverse effects?

hrdtail78

I don't know all the adverse affect.  I know DJ recommends shutting it off for tuning purposes but recommend turning it back on when done.  I was answering if this is the proper way of doing this.  You should have a Tq control ETC A table.  This is one of the table that allows you to tune tq management.  I don't know the level of cal the tuner is working with.  different levels have different features, and it seems HD keeps putting them out there.
Semper Fi

Jamie Long

Quote from: jamminhd2000 on January 05, 2022, 10:00:03 AMHi all, so I just had this bike tuned (cam job).

2019 Road Glide Special
114 cu in
Hi flow air cleaner
Cr-480 cam
Tuned with Powervision

So dyno guy sends me dyno sheet that is shutting down at about 5k rpm. I questioned him about it and he told me that some bikes do this and he has spoken to dynojet and there is no work around.

A little later in the day he sends me the next dyno sheet and says he fixed it by shutting off the torque management. I am not by any means a tuner and curious is this the proper way to fix the issue? Can it have adverse effects by doing this?

Jimmy

Post a copy of the tune, I'll take a look at what's going on and fix it. Chances are they have torque based throttle control still turned on (this should be turned off in all non-RDRS applications) or one of the limiters is still active.

jamminhd2000

Quote from: Jamie Long on January 05, 2022, 12:36:42 PM
Quote from: jamminhd2000 on January 05, 2022, 10:00:03 AMHi all, so I just had this bike tuned (cam job).

2019 Road Glide Special
114 cu in
Hi flow air cleaner
Cr-480 cam
Tuned with Powervision

Jimmy

Post a copy of the tune, I'll take a look at what's going on and fix it. Chances are they have torque based throttle control still turned on (this should be turned off in all non-RDRS applications) or one of the limiters is still active.

Thanks jaime...I spoke to tuner again and he said all limiters are off as well as torque based throttle control...trying to get tune to post...thanks for your help

Jamie Long

Quote from: jamminhd2000 on January 05, 2022, 08:57:56 PMThanks jaime...I spoke to tuner again and he said all limiters are off as well as torque based throttle control...trying to get tune to post...thanks for your help

You or your tuner are also welcome to email me at jamie@fuelmotousa.com