April 19, 2024, 05:07:16 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1995 FXDWG seat is 1993-95 FXDWG only?

Started by 1982fxr, January 05, 2022, 02:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1982fxr

I have a 1995 fxdwg with a very tired Lepera.  When I started looking at new seats available,  I started finding listings that included every dyna except mine.

Does anyone know what is different with the Wide Glide seats?  I was not expecting this. 

1982fxr

I only saw like two companies that listed the FXDWG seats and they were really expensive.

calif phil

Wideglide seats are about an inch longer than a standard model Dyna. 

You could send your seat back to LePera for an overhaul. 

1982fxr

Thanks for the reply.  I'm going to check with a local place first.

I haven't seen factory quotes from Lepera but a couple messages on other boards make it sound like you may as well buy a new seat.  I think they were one of the couple companies that make one for this bike still.

xlfan

Dyna's saw a frame change between 95 and 96, IIRC the difference is seating contour where the 1995 frame had a flatter and higher position relative to mounting points than the 1996.

1982fxr

Yeah, I knew they made some kind of change in 96 that affected the seats, I was surprised about the 93-95 wide glides having their own seats.

I figured all Dynss from the same years would accept the same seats.   That one caught me off guard.