Lifter plunger orientation? For oil feed hole

Started by itsafatboy, January 09, 2022, 02:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsafatboy

Ok probably dumb question since the plunger has a galley , but the plunger has a oil hole in it , when putting plunger back into the lifter body should you line the plunger hole up to the feed hole on the lifter body? Or should it be opposite, or does it not matter?

Thanks i was measuring lifter travel and when i put it back together i saw the holes amd wondered

Or does it not matter

kd

It does not matter.  You nailed it when you noticed the oil gallery around the lifter.  Once loaded it becomes constant feed.
KD

Don D

With all the emphasis you have placed on lifters and even being brave enough to try the Roller X back in the day I am surprised you hae not ordered up a set of feuling solids to see how the old beast will run?

wfolarry

I have solid rollers for the racers. Not really for the street crowd but hey if you want 'em I got 'em.  :teeth:

itsafatboy

Nope i think travel limiters is as close as i will go ,  i did like the isky bushing lifters a little spendy , i wonder if jims is selling the isky ones relabeled as steady roll,  isky had a special bronze bushing not bronze was a mix of metal and its secret, just not sure if the isky ones have been changed to flow more oil or if they are just SBC lifters ? 

Don D