April 18, 2024, 08:13:19 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

M8 & Timken Bearing Question

Started by Nastytls, January 09, 2022, 04:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

I'm not messed up. I own a 2008 and a 2009, I know what has what.

Deye76

I just never looked at a late model bagger, my 2015 was the last bagger I had. I guess I should take one for a test ride. After the new softail I never looked back. 
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

FSG

Quote from: Ohio HD on February 04, 2022, 01:01:49 PMI'm not messed up. I own a 2008 and a 2009, I know what has what.

:up:   and it's all in the Technical Forums as well

JSD

Can the M8 LHS be strengthened to support the Timken  conversion or not worth the effort ? 

Admiral Akbar

Has anyone seen the stock left side roller fail?

CVOThunder

Quote from: cheech on January 19, 2022, 12:24:25 PM
Quote from: Hossamania on January 19, 2022, 10:21:48 AMAre there two different M8 motors between touring and Softail? I thought since the M8 has a balancer it would be enough for one between the two models.
As above, Softails have 2.
I'm confused with this. Does the M8 Softail have 2 internal engine balancers or are you referring to one internal balancer plus external isolators? The TC B motor for the Softail has 2 internal balancers, got that part since I have a 2007 FXSTC. Just kinda sounded like you're saying the M8 has 2 internal balancers. Maybe I just need more sleep.
Photons by the bag. Gravitons not  shipped outside the US.

cheech

March 22, 2022, 09:29:20 AM #31 Last Edit: March 22, 2022, 09:33:59 AM by cheech
Quote from: CVOThunder on March 22, 2022, 09:25:12 AMI'm confused with this. Does the M8 Softail have 2 internal engine balancers or are you referring to one internal balancer plus external isolators? The TC B motor for the Softail has 2 internal balancers, got that part since I have a 2007 FXSTC. Just kinda sounded like you're saying the M8 has 2 internal balancers. Maybe I just need more sleep.

Yes, the M8 Softails have 2 internal gear driven balancers. Unlike the Twincam with 2 chain driven balancers.
The M8 touring have 1 internal gear driven balancer.
Add in: The Softails still are a rigid mounted powertrain.

CVOThunder

Thanks for the reply. I'm curious about how this works but not finding any links or videos on it. Is there a specific name they've called this dual counter balancer for a better search? Video link?
Photons by the bag. Gravitons not  shipped outside the US.

FSG

Technical Forums are a good place to start

ziggy24

Quote from: CVOThunder on March 22, 2022, 01:57:00 PMThanks for the reply. I'm curious about how this works but not finding any links or videos on it. Is there a specific name they've called this dual counter balancer for a better search? Video link?

The beginning of the video shows the counter balance in action.

Don D

There are two, they are identical just timed different.