April 24, 2024, 06:43:41 PM

News:

Suggestions for 95 cast pistons

Started by gregfxs, January 13, 2022, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregfxs

January 13, 2022, 02:41:55 PM Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 03:51:17 PM by gregfxs
Redoing top end on a 02 FLSTC has 95 screamin eagle cast flat tops now. re doing bore 5 or 10 over which ever cleans up at. need advice on new cast pistons, 37 gear drive cams, heads ported Big Boyz.( Brand,)( compression ratio), ect. Thanks...
Reason for the question is I put the 95 flat tops in about 18 years ago. Don't remember the numbers so i'm not sure of the compression on them. Bike runs good an I don't want to have to retune, far as I could tell deck was height was 0. I'm in an area where I'm not really comfortable so forgive the ignorance.
Plus what I've read cast is better for street than forged less problems, I don't beat on it.
Well this just turned into a real monkey f*#k

92flhtcu

we use a ton of the Wiseco Tracker Series at the shop, the SE's are ok as well
Need a bigger garage

smoserx1

When I did my 88 to 95 back in 2015 I used the H-D screaming eagle flat top cast versions.  IIRC the stock CR was 8.9 and the new pistons raised that to 9.3 to 1, (or so the catalog said).  Anyway I have about 48000 miles on that conversion and it seems fine.  Uses about a qt oil every 4000 and no apparent increase since I did it, so I'm not complaining.

gregfxs

Thanks that's what I was looking for :up:
Well this just turned into a real monkey f*#k

HogMike

Quote from: smoserx1 on January 14, 2022, 05:05:06 PMWhen I did my 88 to 95 back in 2015 I used the H-D screaming eagle flat top cast versions.  IIRC the stock CR was 8.9 and the new pistons raised that to 9.3 to 1, (or so the catalog said).  Anyway I have about 48000 miles on that conversion and it seems fine.  Uses about a qt oil every 4000 and no apparent increase since I did it, so I'm not complaining.

I used those pistons as the skirts seem a little more substantial.
Got about 30k miles on the motor with a Andrews 26 cam.
Bike runs very nice.
HOGMIKE
SoCal

Hossamania

Are the SE pistons available at 10 over?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

smoserx1

22853-99A, I believe those are 10 over.

Hossamania

If they are of the same quality as past, I would have no problem using them, I have 100,000 miles on a 95" build done in '05 that has been abused as bad as any, and still running great, uses very little oil.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

cpiccarr

I did a 95 Headquarters kit 2000 Softail those were the pistons they used 10.25 comp. with head work. Never a issue. Bike has 60k on it.

RTMike

Harley 95 replacement pistons come in sizes to +.030 and work well with your motor