April 19, 2024, 03:07:45 AM

News:

Timing Link

Started by smoserx1, January 14, 2022, 08:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoserx1

If this is inappropriate please remove & I apologize.  Several months ago I wrote a little paper on timing a twin cam engine based on my experience with cam tensioner experience and I am trying to share the document publicly.  Here is the link.  I was going to post in Earl's place but it said no tech stuff.

https://1drv.ms/b/s!At36yZr3BBMomXlUbEe-rqzyRwTu?e=xXCE4s

Wookie3011

Very Cool! Alot of information I didn't know. Thanks for sharing. Put together well.

98fxstc

Good comprehensive writeup.

I have also used a carbide tipped drill to put timing marks (twin dots) on the rear cam sprocket and the crank sprocket for front TDCC.
In the pic showing the rear cam sprocket timing mark at 12.00 oclock and the crank sprocket timing mark at 1.00 oclock, the FTDCC timing marks line up at the timing index mark similar to the rear cylinder timing marks.
I have also cut out the blank in the cam cover behind the cam timing cover and made up a gasket for the cam timing cover.
I can remove the cam timing cover and check timing for both cylinders through the opening.

thunderrat

Excellent write up and great photos.  Thanks for taking the time to prepare that :up:  :up:

Rusticwater

A good deal of time and effort went into preparing that, thank you for sharing!
Support the Maine lobster industry