May 01, 2024, 09:54:59 AM

News:

U0156 DTC

Started by Jim Bronson, July 09, 2022, 05:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bronson

July 09, 2022, 05:50:20 PM Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 05:55:45 PM by Jim Bronson
I've been getting U0156 (lost comm w/speedo)occasionally on my PV. The speedo has always worked fine, and the needle sweeps normally when I perform a diagnostic test. Is there anything other than the speedo that I should check? Maybe the VSS? I reset it, and I'll check for codes tomorrow after the lunch ride (about 100 mi).

2013 fxdc
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

xlfan

VSS cleanup of steel debris?

Jim Bronson

OK, I'll check the VSS. According to the electrical diagnostic manual, adding certain accessories to the CANBUS can cause it. I'm wondering if the PV is responsible. After I'm done with tuning, I'll remove it and continue checking.

kouack

This is what I'm observing also! from what I've read the PV would be causing the fault! i have not tried to unplug it yet! just too lazy lol.

Jim Bronson

Quote from: kouack on July 10, 2022, 11:32:23 AMThis is what I'm observing also! from what I've read the PV would be causing the fault! i have not tried to unplug it yet! just too lazy lol.

Thanks. I have a couple more auto tune sessions to do, and then I won't be needing the PV on the bike. I hope the DTC goes away then.

kouack

Jim, i just stumbled on this https://university.fuelmotousa.com/article/fixing-bus-error-and-gauge-freeze-for-power-vision-pv-1/   I will give this a try sometime next week, i have a nice ride coming up.