March 28, 2024, 02:15:09 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hard to find D402 www front tire? Factory shortage? Saftey recall?

Started by Traveler733, January 18, 2022, 10:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traveler733

Having a rough time finding a new Dunlop D402, wide white wall front tire. Two online Bike suppliers have had me on email notice when they are available, for 2 months now..  What could be a good replacement for the Dunlop? It's a standard 16 inch wheel on the front of a Bagger.

JDhog211

Traveler, do yourself a favor and go with Dunlops American Elite's.
I be got them on front and rear on my 2004 FLHT Elect Bagger.
They are fantastic !
You won't regret it.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison expecting the other person to die.

92flhtcu

Tucker shows an ETA of 01-20-2022 for the D402WWW, both major suppliers have plenty of American Elite WWW
Need a bigger garage

calif phil

Traveler733

Thanks to all that replied! Good information. This may help others too.

Hossamania

Quote from: calif phil on January 19, 2022, 07:07:58 AMLike the others said, American Elite is a great choice. 

Been running them for years. Last a little longer than the stock Dunlop's, cheaper to purchase.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Jim Bronson

Quote from: Hossamania on January 19, 2022, 08:22:39 AM
Quote from: calif phil on January 19, 2022, 07:07:58 AMLike the others said, American Elite is a great choice. 

Been running them for years. Last a little longer than the stock Dunlop's, cheaper to purchase.
Are these good on Dynas?
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

calif phil

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: Hossamania on January 19, 2022, 08:22:39 AM

Got a new set mounted on the rims for my 12 EG. They are waiting for me to drag my ass out to the 10° barn to install them. I might wait. It's supposed to hit 24°F this afternoon.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Buglet

American Elites are a great tire for touring, but if you ride aggressive I would use sometime better.

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: Buglet on January 21, 2022, 05:18:51 AMAmerican Elites are a great tire for touring, but if you ride aggressive I would use sometime better.

Probably a good point, I've never had em slip but I can ride a set of tires square like nobody's business.  :teeth:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway