April 26, 2024, 04:25:57 PM

News:

Intake Port Width for Twin Cam

Started by Ohio HD, January 26, 2022, 02:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

Hopefully someone has an 88", or 96" or 103", or 110" motor with the intake off that might be willing to measure something for me. The motor, any above needs to be stock height, meaning heads are not machined shorter, head gasket is stock, cylinder height is stock.

I'd like to know the dimension between the two intake ports on the left side of the motor. The measurement needs to come from just where the port edge starts, at the widest point. The photo below shows where I'm talking about.

I need the measurement to be as exact as possible.

Thanks

You cannot see attachments on this board.

hrdtail78

Would the measurement of a stock manifold in that location help?  I have a few laying around but don't have a stock engine to measure.  Or is this not precise enough?
Semper Fi

Ohio HD

I have a stock TB here to measure. I need the actual port to port so that I can create a calculated spreadsheet that gives a good estate of intake width based on motor changes in height.

The reason a need the motor measure as well is to see that the gap from head to TB remains the same through the calculations. I have some wider TB manifolds here to use as well.

I was just hoping it being winter, someone may have a motor to measure soon.

MBrown

I have a stock 96" Tc.

It measures 3.575" with inside micrometer.

Ohio HD

Thank you, I appreciate the time taken to measure and post the info.

Hillside Motorcycle

A set of dividers, or calipers, then those measured via a dial vernier or micrometer.
We machine "X" from that area, when we remove more than "Y" from the gasket surface.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"