March 28, 2024, 11:41:22 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Complete rebuild parts list for Crank up 107

Started by JLockhart29, January 27, 2022, 12:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

JLockhart29

Quote from: Buglet on April 11, 2022, 12:34:01 PMIf I remember right It was around 03 or 04 the CVO's had a sticker on the primary telling you all three hole came with SYN 3 from the factory.
That was what I was saying.👍

Hossamania

They did come with syn3, but most changed over to a proper gear oil for the trans and primary. Not to say the syn3 didn't work, it just could be better.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Hossamania

I'll be interested to see what my lifters (B) and cams look like when I finally tear mine down, 100,000 miles of abuse so far (yes, lifters too) using just about every type of synthetic oil there is.
The 5 speed tranny got rebuilt last year (125,000 miles), the tech said it looked good enough to close it back up and leave it, I just happened to have a new gear set and needed the leaks fixed. Again, just about every type of gear oil run in that thing.
I've tried to shy away from fixing it until it is broken. Strange noise? Run it.

JLockhart29

Quote from: Hossamania on April 11, 2022, 02:12:14 PMThey did come with syn3, but most changed over to a proper gear oil for the trans and primary. Not to say the syn3 didn't work, it just could be better.
Absolutely agree but dang it's held up so well for 125k if I get another 125k probably be trying to escape from the home on it!🤣

JLockhart29

Hears a little better pic and lifter from that lobe.
You cannot see attachments on this board.

Hossamania

Quote from: JLockhart29 on April 11, 2022, 03:30:17 PM
Quote from: Hossamania on April 11, 2022, 02:12:14 PMThey did come with syn3, but most changed over to a proper gear oil for the trans and primary. Not to say the syn3 didn't work, it just could be better.
Absolutely agree but dang it's held up so well for 125k if I get another 125k probably be trying to escape from the home on it!🤣

👍👍

Ohio HD

Quote from: JLockhart29 on April 11, 2022, 03:36:18 PMHears a little better pic and lifter from that lobe.

It would probably be a good idea to measure the lifter bores and inspect the bores for wear with the miles you have on it. As well it looks like some wear on the lifter body. That may have transferred to the bore in the case. Some companies sell over size lifters if needed.

FSG

I'd look at having the lifter bores bored and sleeved while it's all apart  :SM:

Ohio HD

Yeah, not a bad idea. They make lifter bore sleeves, or a good machinist can make them as well. In any case they need to machine the oil passages into the sleeves and retain them so they can't spin.

Lifter Bore Sleeves

JLockhart29

Should read my other 107 thread. Darkhorse has my cases. I pulled them apart, removed the Crank and balance assembly, and sent them the balancers and cases. Man o war stroker Crank, Timkin and make it new. Seal it up and return. Andrew said they will blueprint the whole thing. As said the lifter bores may need over lifters or sleeved. Alex called today and said cases made it fine. Needs the piston assembly and make from Scott at Hillside and they will get to work.

JSD

Surprised the lifter bores were good after seeing that lifter. luck is on your side. 

JLockhart29

OK I'm starting to go threw my parts from the tare down. See what's good and what's not. Having the stock jugs bored anyway so these will be spair but what caused this? Just a ring gap? Other one was fine.

Ohio HD

Can't be from a ring, they don't go all the way to the bottom of the cylinder. Maybe from a wrist pin. Is that the side of the cylinder towards the push rods?

Ohio HD

Quote from: Ohio HD on April 12, 2022, 12:28:33 PMCan't be from a ring, they don't go all the way to the bottom of the cylinder. Maybe from a wrist pin. Is that the side of the cylinder towards the push rods?

I mean the pin retainer clip, not the pin itself.

Ohio HD

rigidthumper

Makes you wonder how long ago that happened???
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

JLockhart29

April 17, 2022, 01:53:42 PM #44 Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 02:22:36 PM by FSG
Normal oil pump wear or something to worry about?

Billy

April 20, 2022, 04:43:29 AM #45 Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 04:55:19 AM by Billy Reason: add camplate comment
Looks like something other than oil went through it. I would replace it.
Also thoroughly clean or replace camplate, oil tank etc.
Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

JLockhart29

I still had about 2k$ of HD rewards. Got a new S&S plate and pump waiting for me with a slue of other seals, bearings,ect at dealer about 70 miles away waiting on me. Cam box will be all new, S&S, when I put it back together. Andrew took my piston assembly weight today so they will start putting bottom together tomorrow. Scott has my cams ordered and should start on top end soon.

JLockhart29

Hear is I hope complete list of parts for this money pit! :soda:  Yea some are over kill but I had a lot of HD rewards points and plenty of Tee shirts. Have had problems turning this engine sub freezing since I did the Hippo. Rebuilt starter 2x, new batteries, regulator, you name it. Thread for another time. Anyway that's why the starter. Of course Scott is supplying Cometic gasket kit top end. I also included seals and gaskets for the tranny that can be changed without scattering it since I have one of those 5th gear seals going and a good time to fix.

-Rework stage 2 SE Preformance heads and full bore to 107 supplied cylinders as well as supply pistons and rings. Cometic top end kit as well. Hillside Cycle.
-Darkhorse 4 3/8 Man O War competition rods, welded and pro plugged, Timkin converg, welded counter wt. Sprocket, balanced and blue printed made new and button up.

-S&S gear drive Instalation kit # 106-5896 ●
-Fuel petcock 61338-02●
-Hose1/4 ID X 5/8 OD 24 Inches gas from    the tk to carb
-Hose 5/16 ID X 5/8 OD 12 Inches gas tk.      cross over
-SE spark plug wires 31907-08A●
-SE exhaust manifold gaskets 17048-98●
-HD oil cooler 26157-07A●
- Elbow oil drain 63628-00●
-Oil feed hose 63611-00●
-Rear fork bearing 9270A●
-Oil line retainer assembly (2) 63632-00●
-Oil line retainer assembly (2) 63783-00●