March 28, 2024, 12:20:45 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Best tuner for DIY without a dyno

Started by Jim Bronson, January 27, 2022, 09:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bronson

I'll soon finish up the non-performance mods I've done to my recently-purchased 2013 Dyna 96". I'm now ready to do the mods for a bit more performance. I don't want to pull the top end if I don't need to, so that means exhaust, intake and cam. I've ordered a SE filter and it currently has SE slip-ons. My buddy recommended Andrews 48H cams and a tune. The question is what tuner can I play with in the garage to achieve the optimum results without a dyno. Also, would I gain much by upgrading the exhaust with a full system? Thanks.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

Coff 06

On your exhaust.I've always been a die hard 2-2 on my bikes.A few years ago I got a good deal on a 2-1 Python.Similar to a V&H pro pipe.The difference between the 2 were night and day.The 2-1 brought the power on in the normal riding RPM range,where you notice in everyday riding.Of coarse cams will also play into the final results.          Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

Hossamania

If you order a Power Vision from Fuel Moto, they can load it with a canned map for your combination, it can be had with Auto Tune to help with finer tuning, and Fuel Moto will work with you on specifics to get it dialed in and will send other tunes for you to load should you change a component of the build later on.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Jim Bronson

January 27, 2022, 11:21:09 AM #3 Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 11:32:09 AM by Jim Bronson
Unfortunately, I live in the People's Republic, and I would have to have it shipped to a friend in another state. Maybe I could find one on ebay. Sometimes sellers will ship non-EPA parts here.

Can I load a map myself with my configuration? Do I need a laptop?

cheech

Quote from: Jim Bronson on January 27, 2022, 11:21:09 AMUnfortunately, I live in the People's Republic, and I would have to have it shipped to a friend in another state. Maybe I could find one on ebay. Sometimes sellers will ship non-EPA parts here.

First part. bummer  :emoGroan:

Second, yes if you have a PV with a loaded tune. If you buy from Fuelmoto, they will load a tune.
Laptop? Not necessarily. You can run the PV into the house, load a tune on it from your PC, take it back outside and flash the bike.

Hossamania

Quote from: cheech on January 27, 2022, 11:49:00 AM
Quote from: Jim Bronson on January 27, 2022, 11:21:09 AMUnfortunately, I live in the People's Republic, and I would have to have it shipped to a friend in another state. Maybe I could find one on ebay. Sometimes sellers will ship non-EPA parts here.

First part. bummer  :emoGroan:

Second, yes if you have a PV with a loaded tune. If you buy from Fuelmoto, they will load a tune.
Laptop? Not necessarily. You can run the PV into the house, load a tune on it from your PC, take it back outside and flash the bike.

That.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Jim Bronson

Just what I needed to know. Many thanks!