March 28, 2024, 07:10:43 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

SE Manifold

Started by NHBagger, January 29, 2022, 12:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NHBagger

Is it worth it to have the SE manifold ported?
Do you get the "bang for the buck"?

OldMike

The 55mm and 64mm SE Extreme manifolds are already ported. The 64mm manifold they sell with the 64mm throttle body is not ported. I bought the 64mm throttle body and SE extreme manifold separately for my 131" build. My results are in the dyno section. I didn't think further porting was necessary.

hrdtail78

Depends on expectations of the build and if the manifold would be a choke point. 
Semper Fi

NHBagger

OldMike, I was thinking of having a Ward Perf port done on a 55.
Hrdtail, it's a 117 trike build so probably not a choke point. Saw a trike run with an RS468 and it went 125/105. Thinking maybe a cr480 would be similar with a bit more hp.
Not sure what a Ward Perf port would do.

Don D

Just put a factory cnc 55 on it with the stock tb at that build level. We have seen 130hp with that cam at 117"

Hossamania

Unless you're drag racing that trike and looking for hundredths of a second, I doubt a port mod would help much.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Don D

It's a M8 new set of rules. They demand air, even the torque builds.

Hossamania

Good to know. Port away!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

NHBagger

Quote from: OldMike on January 30, 2022, 07:22:30 AMThe 55mm and 64mm SE Extreme manifolds are already ported. The 64mm manifold they sell with the 64mm throttle body is not ported. I bought the 64mm throttle body and SE extreme manifold separately for my 131" build. My results are in the dyno section. I didn't think further porting was necessary.

Says polished, don't think that's the same as ported?
Looks like We're claims about 4 or 5 tq/hp increase for a 64mm. Couldn't find much for a 55mm.

OldMike

Quote from: NHBagger on February 01, 2022, 04:28:40 PM
Quote from: OldMike on January 30, 2022, 07:22:30 AMThe 55mm and 64mm SE Extreme manifolds are already ported. The 64mm manifold they sell with the 64mm throttle body is not ported. I bought the 64mm throttle body and SE extreme manifold separately for my 131" build. My results are in the dyno section. I didn't think further porting was necessary.

Says polished, don't think that's the same as ported?
Looks like We're claims about 4 or 5 tq/hp increase for a 64mm. Couldn't find much for a 55mm.
Alpha Performance Engines did some 55mm manifold testing on Facebook.

Deye76

My tuner says they are worth it. He sees there is a difference.   
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Txphatboy

I just bought an Extreme 64mm manifold for my 128".  Anyone ever seen any flow testing on this intake, or know how it flows compared to SE 64mm unit?  I considered Ward ported manifold, but do not have any bike downtime waiting on shipping, etc. Plus, I can sell the SE 64 manifold if I want to recoup a little money.