21+ Power Vision Tuning with Auto Tune Pro

Started by Winston Wolf, February 01, 2022, 05:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winston Wolf

Am I able to use one of the Autotune Pro modules/sensors (I have both the 4 and 6 pin versions) to tune a 21-22 bike with the new ECM connector? (PV-3B)

Assuming when dyno tuning it's being powered by the dyno, and connected to the Power Vision via the CAN cable. Would I just need to make a power adapter to power the Auto Tune Pro for on bike/road tuning?

hrdtail78

I use a 12v power source with a steady 13.2 volts for dyno tuning and use bike battery power for the road.  If the bike has a pig tail for charging.  This is easy to use if you up the fuse to a 5 amp.

My power unit at shop is overboard but tuning unknown bikes.  I have had problems with battery and charging systems that caused me to chase my tail a bit.  I now always have battery power up in a data trace also.
Semper Fi

Jamie Long

Quote from: Winston Wolf on February 01, 2022, 05:27:37 AMAm I able to use one of the Autotune Pro modules/sensors (I have both the 4 and 6 pin versions) to tune a 21-22 bike with the new ECM connector? (PV-3B)

Assuming when dyno tuning it's being powered by the dyno, and connected to the Power Vision via the CAN cable. Would I just need to make a power adapter to power the Auto Tune Pro for on bike/road tuning?

Dynojet will be releasing the splitter harness for 21+ bikes soon. In the meantime you can use any dual channel Dynojet wideband AT device, you just need 12v and ground. The easiest solution would be to use a 4 or 6 pin adapter;  you can connect one side to your AT device, and for the other side you would replace the connector and there are plenty of options for picking up 12v & ground including the OEM battery tender connection as noted above

blackhillsken

This is what I do to power the Auto Tune. Plugs into the bike's battery tender lead.
Ken