April 16, 2024, 03:27:17 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S 475 cam and a good 2-1 exhaust?

Started by Adam76, February 05, 2022, 01:20:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam76

Hey, I'm picking up a 2021 Heritage with the 107 motor and doing a cam change.

I was going with the S&S 475 cam and a Pro Pipe, but I've read a lot of people say that this cam doesn't really kick in until 3000rpm and then absolutely takes off... That's not really my riding style - I like a wide TQ / power band from 2200 - 5000.

With the pro pipe, will I get more low end TQ back with the 475 cam? Or should I be looking at a different cam??

Thanks.

FXDBI

Both those items will void your warranty what were you planning on for tuning?  Bob

Adam76

Hi Bob,
I'm not really worried about the warranty.

I'm using a Power Vision for tuning.

Thanks

Hossamania

Here is all kinds of info on cams.
There is also another sticky above  in this section with cam resting.
The WM8-22x might be a better fit for your riding style.

https://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,102329.0/all.html
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Adam76

Yes, thanks Hoss, I've read through that article. But I must say, Fuel moto makes every Cam look amazing  :teeth:   I can't tell much real world difference between the cams when you overlay them all on the graph.

Cheers

JSD

My mate has 475 in 107 softail seems ok with pipes & Cleaner & Tune. But the 465 will suit you better i feel. You don't get as much top end but  more torque at low end. Don't forget to change the Tappets & cuffs new inner cam bearing  full roller is in cam kit.

Hillside Motorcycle

We'd reach for a Red Shift .472 if it were here.
Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"