April 18, 2024, 12:51:12 AM

News:

Tuning for cam upgrade

Started by Jim Bronson, February 11, 2022, 08:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bronson

Dumb question of the week. In browsing for power vision tunes, I see no tunes that include cams. Why is that?
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

Coyote

CAMs are in the tune name. Probably in the tune itself in the descriptor field as well. If no cam is listed, it's stock.

Jim Bronson

It isn't in the name field of any tunes I see, so it must be in the pvt file header or somewhere else.

Coyote

February 11, 2022, 09:28:23 AM #3 Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 09:32:54 AM by Coyote
Look harder, lol.  Like I said above, if they don't list the cam, it's stock.

Which bike, year, cam?

Jim Bronson

Quote from: Coyote on February 11, 2022, 09:28:23 AMLook harder, lol.  Like I said above, if they don't list the cam, it's stock.

Which bike, year, cam?
2013 fxdc. I'll be installing a SE255. I see only intake and exhaust in the tune names. I flashed the tune for the SE intake and slip-ons,and I'll leave it alone until the new exhaust and cams are installed. Surely there must be a tune that includes aftermarket cams.

Coyote

Quote from: Jim Bronson on February 11, 2022, 10:29:05 AM
Quote from: Coyote on February 11, 2022, 09:28:23 AMLook harder, lol.  Like I said above, if they don't list the cam, it's stock.

Which bike, year, cam?
2013 fxdc. I'll be installing a SE255. I see only intake and exhaust in the tune names. I flashed the tune for the SE intake and slip-ons,and I'll leave it alone until the new exhaust and cams are installed. Surely there must be a tune that includes aftermarket cams.

There is if you buy the PV from a place that has more tunes to offer.  :wink: But we already had that discussion.

DynoJet might  be able to send you a tune if you contact them. Only ones on their site are for stock cams.

Jim Bronson

Yes, they do offer that service. I was just expecting to find one already developed.

hrdtail78

February 11, 2022, 01:08:39 PM #7 Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 01:18:26 PM by hrdtail78
You can always find the stock cam cal that is closest to your bike.  Find another 255 in a 103 with stock compression and cut and paste all timing tables from one to the other.  This is what most are doing when they make you a starter cal.  You can even go and look outside of vision to get ignition tables.

For example.  The TTS DAD358-03-A1.MT9, and the SE 358SD003 cals were created from a 103 dyna w/ 255 cams. 
Semper Fi

Jim Bronson

^^That's a thought^^
I sent Dynojet a request on their tech email. We'll see how they respond. I don't need it right away. Thanks for the info.