May 02, 2024, 01:44:40 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Need help please

Started by Tynker, April 24, 2022, 12:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynker

:nix: Friend has a 2005 Heritage. Ck engine light keeps coming on. Cleared code(1353), front cylinder no combustion. But 5 miles later,light comes back on,as does code. Bike runs great at all speeds. What could make light and code not go away ???
Earl "Tynker" Riviere

bump

Spark plugs or plug wires

Breeze

I had that code while on a trip. The bike was running fine, but intermittent code. I pulled the plug wires off and slightly squeezed the connectors closed a bit. Never had the code again.
I'm starting to believe my body is gonna outlast my mind.

mkd

my 2005 eglide had the front plug wire rubbed thru at the front lower left of the tank on the left side of the steering neck where the wire runs along the frame and loops outward towards the cylinder head. ended up replacing the wire and putting a short section of wire loom over the plug wire where it rested against the tank seam.

Tynker

Quote from: bump on April 25, 2022, 02:42:31 AMSpark plugs or plug wires

He had E3 plugs in the bike. I removed them,and replaced with Champion plugs. Plug wires check as new.
Earl "Tynker" Riviere

bigfathog

I have had the tip of the plug unscrew slightly and cause this.

Thermodyne

Get the Electrical diagnostic manual out and run the diagnostic ladder for that code.  If you don't have the manual, buy it, prolly the best purchase you'll ever make for that scooter.

Ohio HD

Tynker

Earl "Tynker" Riviere

Tynker

Quote from: Thermodyne on April 26, 2022, 10:31:03 AMGet the Electrical diagnostic manual out and run the diagnostic ladder for that code.  If you don't have the manual, buy it, prolly the best purchase you'll ever make for that scooter.

Update >> His bike only shows the ck engine light, if he goes up to, and over, 3K RPM. Then it does not go off until it has the code cleared.. WTF ???
Earl "Tynker" Riviere