April 24, 2024, 08:59:54 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

looking for advice/input

Started by irishrover, March 13, 2022, 01:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishrover

I have 02 road king i was using a T-Max for my tuning and i think it just died, Bike wouldn't start, found no spark at plugs so I put my original ECM in along with the power commander i was originally using and it started right up. Now that it looks like I'm going to have to replace the t-max (It runs fine with the PC set up but I like the better tuning capability's with the O2 sensors) should I get another T-Max or the PC with 02 sensors? not trying to start a debate just want the best bang for my Buck
My build consist of 95 inch cylinders, SE 204cams, 06 lightly ported heads cut to 83cc stock valves, SE flattops, 09 style header with SE pipes and of course SE breather
I do all the work myself except the head porting so I'm looking for the easiest tuner to use, The T-max worked for me but i'm reading good things about the power vision and wondering if thats the better option for my build   

rigidthumper

Before you write off the T-max, try a new crank position sensor. If the signal from your old one is weak, the T-max may not be able to read it.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

irishrover

if the crank position senser was bad or weak wouldn't there be a problem with the other ecm with the powercomander? the bike starts right up now and idles fine now but i will check it out i really would like to keep the T-Max if i could