April 18, 2024, 03:26:37 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

A Little Whine With That Cheese

Started by Deye76, March 16, 2022, 08:14:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deye76

M8 Softail, when it gets up to temp, whines like a GMC blower. Not sure if it's primary chain adjuster or the balancers. Anyone else experience this and find the source? Also anyone familiar with this? Worth a try?

https://www.evolution-industries.com/product-category/harley-davidson-motorcycle-parts/page/6/
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Propflux01

Not worth the trouble to install. if you think your tensioner is causing it, replace it with the latest version available. Otherwise, it would sound like balancer gear whine to me.
A Shovel And A 55-Gallon Drum Can Solve Alot Of Life's Little "Issues"...

Deye76

Quote from: Propflux01 on March 18, 2022, 08:04:48 PMNot worth the trouble to install. if you think your tensioner is causing it, replace it with the latest version available. Otherwise, it would sound like balancer gear whine to me.

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to the M8 Softail,and thought it might be the balancers.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

sandrooney

My 18 Heritage 114 had a whine when I first got it and it either went away or I am used to it. I will take a listen today when I go for a ride.
Patience is such a waste of time .

klammer76

Quote from: Deye76 on March 16, 2022, 08:14:37 AMM8 Softail, when it gets up to temp, whines like a GMC blower. Not sure if it's primary chain adjuster or the balancers. Anyone else experience this and find the source? Also anyone familiar with this? Worth a try?

https://www.evolution-industries.com/product-category/harley-davidson-motorcycle-parts/page/6/

I just installed a Cyclerama compensator ramp in my 2021 RGS. I don't recall hearing a whine last fall when I put the bike up but when I got into the primary the chain was very tight. 3/16" max pushing down in the middle of the chain. I reset the tensioner and will see how it goes. Considered tacking the tensioner like others have done but had not seen the Evo Industries bump stop.