New member in Newburgh, NY area

Started by dbdevkc, March 19, 2022, 07:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbdevkc

Hello all,

I think I was part of this site 20+ years ago and picked up a lot of good info regarding a 76 shovel FXE I was disassembling/reassembling. Rode it for a number of years, then parked it in my garage when it started running terrible and never had the time to tear into it. Now I am finally at it. I am back in HTT and trying to learn as much as I can as I go along. This time I have completely torn down the transmission and am in the process of rebuilding, and have the engine top end completely torn down. I am hardtailing the frame. I know, I know, but it is going to be the way ...I... want it.

KC
KC

SixShooter14

howdy, welcome from Montana... I'm sure you'll find plenty of help regardless the direction your build is going  :chop:
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Fugawee

Hello, and Welcome from CT.  Many years back I had a 76' FXE.  I rode that Bike from CT to California without any glitches.  I wish I still had it.  Good Luck with Your Project.

Leed

dbdevkc

Quote from: Fugawee on March 20, 2022, 08:46:52 AMHello, and Welcome from CT.  Many years back I had a 76' FXE.  I rode that Bike from CT to California without any glitches.  I wish I still had it.  Good Luck with Your Project.
Huh. I bought this off a dealer from CT on an ebay auction. I thought it had been traded in by the owner. It would be quite the coincidence if it were yours... Haha.  I'll try to find a photo of what it looked like when I got it. If yours had Andrews tranny gears and cam, Wiseco pistons, and Velva Touch tappets and blocks... This might be it. LOL
KC

Fugawee

No, I don't think that could have been Mine.  I sold it to a Guy in Washington State when I was kicking around up there.  I sold that to Him to buy a leftover 1980 FLH in 1981 from a Dealer there.  And I never did anything to the FX as far as upgrades except for the Carb and Pipes.  But You never know.