March 29, 2024, 06:36:25 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Evo exhaust gaskets

Started by 1982fxr, March 20, 2022, 03:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

Agree, the C9540 has always leaked when I used them. You have to get the pipe really tight. Doesn't work well with pipes that use the spilt ring under the exhaust flange. Solid pipe flanges like D&D aren't as bad.

I think Kuryakyn 482 gasket are like the C9540. I could never get them to seal either.

C9540 Cometic

Kuryakyn 482

Ohio HD

KD, I have to open my mouth and remove my foot.....     :embarrassed:
I went to the Burn's kit in the box, they're 0.125" thick.

I may not always be right, but I'm honest.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

kd

No big deal.  I can tell you they work well and don't flare out into the port when tightened down.  To me, they look dimensionally like the one in your pic of the card of 10. That was what got me interested so I could order another card of them.  If the ones in your card are the same stiffness as what Burns supplied I am looking for the part number.  It won't be the .240" ones John uses but I have a Cometic list to send in and I think I will order a few of them to compare and try also.  I somehow think John knows what works.  :wink:  For now, the ones Burns sent you are the best I have used and definitely put the SE offering on the trailer.
KD

Ohio HD

The picture is the 0.240" thick, C9247. I have an order in for C9719. Don't order anything until I get these and check them out.

C9719 Cometic

Ohio HD

@kd these are the C9719 from Cometic. They're the same gasket that Vince sends with the exhaust systems. 0.125" thick, and packed tight.

kd

That's great Ohio. That's them.  I'll order some up now.

I can tell you in my experience anyway, they are the best I have used, especially on the Burns spigots. I agree that some need the taper to fit the shape of the pipe top but the strength of these rings really secure the header well and do not collapse into the port when tightened. 

That little gasket can really interrupt the flow when that happens. I had a tune go to the dumper that turned out to be just that.  The SE gaskets are way softer.  It started hunting on cold start and got worse.  You'd think it was a blower pumpingYou cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board. away for up to a minute when it was real bad. 
KD