April 19, 2024, 08:11:18 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

top-end oiling - what rocker arms?

Started by dbdevkc, March 21, 2022, 02:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbdevkc

If using tappets/pushrods capable of Evo style top-end oiling, what type of rocker arms are required. I've read about roller rockers that are drilled? I see roller rockers for shovels from S&S and Jims. Is that what we're talking about? Also, in doing that would the shovel external top-end oiler tube and the box interconnecting oil line get removed and holes blocked?

I assume that gives better top-end oiling, better lifespan up there. 
KC

76shuvlinoff

I used the Jims Top end Oiling Kit when I installed the S&S 93" long block. This was in 2004.
It included the blocks, powerglide lifters, aluminum push-rods and Jims rockers.   I think the price since then has about tripled.  :cry:

Yes you plug the holes for the external lines.   As far as life span goes it has about 32,000 miles on it and still going. This doesn't mean it still perfect, it just means I haven't looked. :wink:
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Reddog74usa

Evo or twin cam rockers will work however you have to get the spacers machined to fit them.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT