April 24, 2024, 08:19:37 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Red Loctite

Started by billbuilds, March 25, 2022, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deye76

The auto parts stores around here all stock Permatex. No Loctite to be had unless ordered online.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

CarlosGGodfrog

Bought a product decades ago, Permatex Green Wick n Lock. Was fabulous. Applied to tightened fasteners.

bump

That is what I use after truing a laced wheel

JW113

I'd be a little nervous about using any type of thread locker on spokes and nipples. Generally you want to use just the opposite, an anti-seize product. The problem with spokes is they are strong in tension, but not so much in torque/twisting. So if you ever need to adjust/remove, good chance of breaking. Best of luck, though.

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

bump

Been doing it for years.

Jim Bronson

Lots of both blue and red at Home Depot today. $7.38. Ouch.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

bump

Quote from: JW113 on April 12, 2022, 10:44:39 AMI'd be a little nervous about using any type of thread locker on spokes and nipples. Generally you want to use just the opposite, an anti-seize product. The problem with spokes is they are strong in tension, but not so much in torque/twisting. So if you ever need to adjust/remove, good chance of breaking. Best of luck, though.

-JW

After truing wheel to specs just a drop on each nipple. If you need to take it apart just heat it to about 350*-400*.