April 18, 2024, 05:57:15 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

BDL Compensator Sprocket

Started by dbdevkc, March 27, 2022, 02:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbdevkc

76 FXE. Somewhere around the year 2000 I put on the original version of the BDL Compensator sprocket. The bike had some issues and ended up under a tarp for 18 years or so. Pulled apart now and found that this compensator was seized. I contacted BDL and they said there were some issues with the original design and had been redesigned.

They just send me a brand new one of the new design at no charge - a "warranty replacement" (some 20 years later!). Here are some pictures of the old vs the new.

lame unboxing video: https://youtu.be/gAfyx7Tx1t0
You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.
KC

Fugawee

Well. You sure can't complain about Them standing behind Their product, and warranty issues for a 20-year-old piece.  And being honest.  Not too many around like that.

capn

I bought one of those.Could never get it to work right.

dbdevkc

Well, at least I didn't pay for this one.
KC

dbdevkc

so then, just go back to the stock compensator?
KC

JW113

Or a solid sprocket?

-JW
2004 FLHRS   1977 FLH Shovelhead  1992 FLSTC
1945 Indian Chief   1978 XL Bobber

76shuvlinoff

Quote from: JW113 on March 29, 2022, 05:03:49 PMOr a solid sprocket?

-JW
Got over 30k miles on mine, still happy.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway