March 28, 2024, 09:46:50 AM

News:

49 panhead

Started by Nick9900, March 28, 2022, 03:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick9900

I've had my cracked case welded. My heads and cylinders gone through. Had shovelhead valves installed. Bottom end is good shape my pump looked poor. I've ordered a s&s pump for that year string. I'm running solid lifters.ive been reading the install for the pump. Wanted to see if I should be on the look out for anything particular with the pump install. FYI I'm not running external oiling to the heads

HogMike

Quote from: Nick9900 on March 28, 2022, 03:52:53 AMI've had my cracked case welded. My heads and cylinders gone through. Had shovelhead valves installed. Bottom end is good shape my pump looked poor. I've ordered a s&s pump for that year string. I'm running solid lifters.ive been reading the install for the pump. Wanted to see if I should be on the look out for anything particular with the pump install. FYI I'm not running external oiling to the heads

I've used the s$s pumps before and found they work well.
The instructions are very detailed depending on the rest of the parts.

Make sure the mounting surface is clean, flat, holes clean and threads clean and follow the instructions on install and you should be fine.

Since this is not a restoration it's a nice pump.

I miss my '49 EL.

:missed:
HOGMIKE
SoCal

HogMike

You cannot see attachments on this board.
HOGMIKE
SoCal

HogMike

You cannot see attachments on this board.
HOGMIKE
SoCal

JSD

Yes i use on on my builds and also fit 6 pinion gear tooth and 24 to get more flow . Stock is 5/25