New Dynojet Power Vision 4 - PV4

Started by Jamie Long, April 07, 2022, 08:18:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie Long

Dynojet has now released the latest generation in flash tuning; the Power Vision 4. With PV4 tuning is performed via the Power Core software and it uses the Dynojet mobile app to write & read tunes, for initiating datalogs (for review in the C3 software), & read/clear DTC's. There are several phases for PV4 feature releases which includes app based Auto Tune, wideband integration, assorted tuning features, and more.
Find more info on our website>> https://www.fuelmotousa.com/i-23899286

We just released a video here>> https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1040142660184570

aswracing

Thanks for this post. I'm getting customer inquiries about it already, for which I've had no answers. Your video helped a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like it's going to be supported by WinPV or a similar PC app, which was my biggest fear. We positively HATE the FP3 because it doesn't provide a PC app for building tunes for customers, among other things. WinPV is the best done tuner software I've ever seen, really really intuitive to use. Being able to build tunes and email them to engine kit customers is critical.

I presume it'll provide a facility for retrieving and emailing the bike's original tune as well. That's another thing that's important to us. I learned many years ago that basing a customer's new tune on his bike's original tune saved me a lot of support headaches. Change only what needs to be changed and nothing else and you introduce a lot fewer issues. I scratch my head at a lot of changes I see in canned tunes. I don't want anything to do with them anymore.

Jamie Long

Quote from: aswracing on April 10, 2022, 12:50:59 PMThanks for this post. I'm getting customer inquiries about it already, for which I've had no answers. Your video helped a lot.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like it's going to be supported by WinPV or a similar PC app, which was my biggest fear. We positively HATE the FP3 because it doesn't provide a PC app for building tunes for customers, among other things. WinPV is the best done tuner software I've ever seen, really really intuitive to use. Being able to build tunes and email them to engine kit customers is critical.

I presume it'll provide a facility for retrieving and emailing the bike's original tune as well. That's another thing that's important to us. I learned many years ago that basing a customer's new tune on his bike's original tune saved me a lot of support headaches. Change only what needs to be changed and nothing else and you introduce a lot fewer issues. I scratch my head at a lot of changes I see in canned tunes. I don't want anything to do with them anymore.

PV4 simply uses a smartphone for the tune delivery device, rather than a Power Vision unit. All tuning is performed in the Dynojet Power Core software (current Power Vision PV-1, PV-2, PC-3B is also transitioning over as well and are already supported). This is going to give dyno tuners everything under one tuning suite including dyno integration, there's some really exciting stuff coming soon on that front.

You can easily email tunes or also send them straight to their cloud account, original tunes are backed up and can be distributed as well. Also note there will always be options for both PV device and smartphone based tune delivery, a bunch more products & features are on the way.

hdmanillac

Can we do the same as with DPV 1 or 2 ?

Can we transfer licence for DPV 1 or 2 to DPV 4 ?

2017 FLHR + 2019 FXLR + 2007 XL1200R

Jamie Long

Quote from: hdmanillac on April 13, 2022, 11:54:24 AMCan we do the same as with DPV 1 or 2 ?

Can we transfer licence for DPV 1 or 2 to DPV 4 ?

Yes, you can transfer any PV tune license between any PV device, with the exception of the original license that is created when you marry a bike for the first time with a new PV-1, PV-2, PV-3B unit as this license is embedded in the device

Propflux01

Quote from: Jamie Long on April 11, 2022, 02:05:01 PMPV4 simply uses a smartphone for the tune delivery device, rather than a Power Vision unit. All tuning is performed in the Dynojet Power Core software (current Power Vision PV-1, PV-2, PC-3B is also transitioning over as well and are already supported). This is going to give dyno tuners everything under one tuning suite including dyno integration, there's some really exciting stuff coming soon on that front.

You can easily email tunes or also send them straight to their cloud account, original tunes are backed up and can be distributed as well. Also note there will always be options for both PV device and smartphone based tune delivery, a bunch more products & features are on the way.

Is there any way to save the tune (especially the original) other than "the cloud"? when using the PV4?
A Shovel And A 55-Gallon Drum Can Solve Alot Of Life's Little "Issues"...

Jamie Long

You can easily & quickly backup any of your tune files with the Power Core software, and you can save them locally. To do so, open the Power Core C3 software, open the Cloud Explorer, sign in to your Dynojet account and select My Tunes. This will bring up any tunes that are on your PV4. You can then select and save them to the location of your choice.

Jamie Long

Here is a video that walks you thru flashing your ECM with Dynojet PV4

https://youtu.be/NlGqww_pOrA