April 25, 2024, 07:50:41 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

17 breakout 103 stalls at redlight..then fine

Started by dieselbeef, April 25, 2022, 04:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dieselbeef

stage one ..riding home the ther day pull in the clutch to stop at a redlight bike dies....roll off to the side...hit the starter starts right upbut wont idle...take off speedo isnt working....looks like the odometer and the fuel range isnt either....abs light is blinking...cpl more redlights same thing....got onto the backroads without anymore stop and go for 30 mi and the speedo comes back on and if i pull in the clutch the bike idles fine....ran good the rest of the 50 mi home....thnakfully since i wa about 60  i away it wouldve been a real pita

havent checked codes yet. i have a power vision

thoughts?

crank sensor?  speedo runs off that right?

Billy

Lazyness is the Mother of Invention

Hossamania

Check for loose battery cables.
Also, if original battery it is 5 years old, possibly ready for replacement.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Coyote

dieselbeef

starts right up tho..cranks pretty fast...i assume its original batt..lights are bright..cranks good..goota be a sensor or a connection i think..but idk...electronics..ugh

Armin

Read the codes with your powervision.

Armin.
Nothing can ruin a Man's day faster than an Almost-Takeoff!

dieselbeef

uo156   comm error...love those...gonna be a pita

Coyote

Thermodyne

This is another one where you really should have the Electrical Diagnostic manual, so you can run the ladder for that code.  But basically, it's either a wiring issue or a bad speedo head.  You can prolly run through the wiring with just the diagram in the Service manual.

dieselbeef

i have the service manual...so ill be looking into it. stalling and starting right back up threw me tho..thakfully it did or we'd have been in a pinch...i was hr and a half from home.