April 24, 2024, 12:43:08 AM

News:

Idle RPM Set

Started by rbabos, May 02, 2022, 06:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

Ok, so I have my cal sent to another person. My cal shows idle rpm in the temp tables to be 1248 and the rpm set to be 1248 as well in the logs and it follows spot on. In the logs from this guy , same cal , the idle rpm set shows 1176 rpm but the idle temp table is the same. What made this idle set change and how do I raise the rpm set to match the idle temp table? This is a v rod so normal idle rpms are in the 1248 range or should be.
Ron

Jamie Long

Quote from: rbabos on May 02, 2022, 06:30:07 AMOk, so I have my cal sent to another person. My cal shows idle rpm in the temp tables to be 1248 and the rpm set to be 1248 as well in the logs and it follows spot on. In the logs from this guy , same cal , the idle rpm set shows 1176 rpm but the idle temp table is the same. What made this idle set change and how do I raise the rpm set to match the idle temp table? This is a v rod so normal idle rpms are in the 1248 range or should be.
Ron

If you have compared the tunes firsthand and can see definitively the idle RPM tables match, the likely explanation is one of the bikes has an adjustment in "Live Idle" on the PV device. Open up Live Idle and you can see the target idle and if necessary clear the offset.

rbabos

Thanks. Will get him to check that. Someone else has been in there before, so entirely possible and this offset makes sense. Before getting this reply, I told him to either raise the idle adder up +50 or try the live idle on the PV up +50. I can suggest to clear to clear the live idle offset as well now.
Ron