April 18, 2024, 05:25:13 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Jims steady roll lifters?

Started by itsafatboy, May 04, 2022, 03:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsafatboy

I know jims had some issues with lifters but havent heard much bad about the steady roll bushing lifters no needle bearings , isky has them also i believe,  seems theese steady roll with some limiters would be the ticket since the bushing is pressure feed , and the feed hole doesnt look so tiny that it would get clogged easy

kd

Do a search on here.  They have been discussed a few times. As recently as a couple of months ago or so.
KD

itsafatboy

thanks , i keep forgetting to do that

Ohio HD

FXDBI

Well they cost $200 per lifter here in Canada I dont see the bang for your buck being worth the cash outlay.   Bob

Ohio HD

Pro Drag race crews (automotive) claim four times the life on lifters with bushing vs. rollers. If you just ride around, maybe no benefit, if you pound your motor (all raise your hand)   :up:  then they could have a significant difference averting a roller explosion.

I've cleaned out motors that had a lifter roller self destruct. It's a mess.

Bearings vs bushings, the great roller lifter debate

FXDBI

May 04, 2022, 10:47:34 PM #6 Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 12:45:11 AM by Ohio HD
Quote from: Ohio HD on May 04, 2022, 07:30:35 PMPro Drag race crews (automotive) claim four times the life on lifters with bushing vs. rollers. If you just ride around, maybe no benefit, if you pound your motor (all raise your hand)  :up:  then they could have a significant difference averting a roller explosion.

Well if your going past 600 lift and have build your pounding on steady and lots you all ready have $$$$$ invested another $$$ wont matter for the reliability factor gained on such a build. Bob

Ohio HD

May 05, 2022, 12:45:24 AM #7 Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 01:01:47 AM by Ohio HD
Quote from: FXDBI on May 04, 2022, 10:47:34 PM
Quote from: Ohio HD on May 04, 2022, 07:30:35 PMPro Drag race crews (automotive) claim four times the life on lifters with bushing vs. rollers. If you just ride around, maybe no benefit, if you pound your motor (all raise your hand)  :up:  then they could have a significant difference averting a roller explosion.

Well if your going past 600 lift and have build your pounding on steady and lots you all ready have $$$$$ invested another $$$ wont matter for the reliability factor gained on such a build. Bob

And that's where I'm at Bob. 0.700" lift with aggressive lobe profiles, heavy valve springs to keep the lifters on the cam lobe profile. It's more of a hopefully a safety step in my case.

Don D

May 05, 2022, 05:43:53 AM #8 Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 06:28:00 AM by HD Street Performance
Actually a lot of low speed operation with the conditions mentioned is what takes it's toll. That said the weak link is no longer an issue, the needle bearings with bushing lifters.

itsafatboy

ive found them new for 117$ each on ebay , from a distributer