March 29, 2024, 09:00:48 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Tune features missing compared to another calibration.

Started by cheech, May 06, 2022, 10:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheech

I put some Andrews 48 cams in a bike for a guy and obtained a license and canned tune from Fuelmoto for the bike.
Just flashed the bike last night, haven't test ridden yet.
2013 FLHTK 103"
This is the stock cal. I read from ECM.

Autogenerated from:
Strategy: 44
ECU:34245-11
Year: 2013
Family: TOURING
Model: FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited

Received tune from Fuelmoto is based on this cal.

Autogenerated from:
Strategy: 9
ECU:34245-10
Year: 2010-2013
Family: TOURING
Model: FLH
96" motor
Andrews 48 cams

Comparing the 2 in WinPV, the cal. they sent me is missing all the parameters indicated by red triangles compared to the one I read from ECM. (Snips below)

The cal. I received is the Active file and the original is the compare.

The active exhaust I'm not concerned with obviously.
But the Drive By Wire Throttle Limit Vs Gear and The 4 speed limiters do, and others out of curiosity

My question is; if they aren't in the cal. does it neglect those features/not use that strategy?

According to the notes in WinPV on the "Drive By Wire Throttle Limit Vs Gear"
(snip below)

Is this set to 0 if it doesn't exist in the cal. they sent me?

You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.You cannot see attachments on this board.

hrdtail78

The 044 cals were all eventually replaced by 009's.  The features are still in the calibrations.  They have just limited your access to them.  The Spark Adjust by Temp tables going away is an eye opener, and tables I use to get the best ignition timing possible for what I am tuning.  Now it will require everything done in the main table.  Going backwards IMO.

Semper Fi

Ohio HD

If I read this right, you're not seeing these features in the 009 MAP? I have an 009 MAP and all of the data shows up.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Jamie Long

You need to sync the tunes, software, & firmware. Open the tune that is missing the tune parameters, plug in your Power Vision, open WinPv and select "update tune using PV" from the drop down menu

cheech

Quote from: Ohio HD on May 06, 2022, 12:37:57 PMIf I read this right, you're not seeing these features in the 009 MAP? I have an 009 MAP and all of the data shows up.

They did not until I did as Jamie instructed.

Only 2 aren't.
Idle spark control gain and max are still missing from the Strategy: 009 tune.

Quote from: Jamie Long on May 06, 2022, 12:56:11 PMYou need to sync the tunes, software, & firmware. Open the tune that is missing the tune parameters, plug in your Power Vision, open WinPv and select "update tune using PV" from the drop down menu

:up:  Thank You!

One other question.
The "Throttle Table Transition Gear"  was set at 6 in the bike, the new tune has it at 0.

Should I leave it at 0?

cheech

Furthermore,
After reading the WinPV manual and some Googling on the "Throttle Table Transition Gear".
Neither cal. above have the 2 "Throttle Blade Control" tables or they don't show when opened in the WinPV.

Why is that?