May 02, 2024, 08:28:05 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1995 FXDWG needs turn signals, some questions

Started by 1982fxr, September 28, 2023, 10:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1982fxr

No idea why previous owner took them off.  Have factory manual. Will be buying cheap aftermarket set, cany find oem for reasonable price.  Don't yet know where they terminated connections.

Is there a simple kit anyone can recommend?

Is the module under the seat?

Do I need special tools for module connections?

1982fxr

Newest bike I have worked on electrical stuff was my 1982 shovel, pardon my ignorance on this new stuff.

Fugawee

There should be an Electrical Connector under the Seat that feeds the Rear Light and Turn Signals, as well as a Connector under the Gas Tank for the Fronts.
Depending on whether or not You are doing Internal Wiring thru the H-Bars...You may or may not need any Special Tools.
If the New T/S already have a Connector on them, You will need to remove the Wires from the Connector to feed them thru the Bars.  To remove the Wires You really only need a Paper Clip, or a Very Small Flathead Screwdriver to push, and twist the Pin Connector to pull them out...and then re-install.
Or to eliminate that...just cut, and resplice.
You should at the least have a Test Light, or a Volt/Ohm Meter to Identify the Correct T/S Wires at the present Connector.
Take a good look at the Wiring Diagram in the Manual.
If You are going to use LED T/S Lights...there is the possibility that a Load Equalizer may need to installed in the Circuit.
Gotta' go to Work...or I would elaborate more.
Good Luck.

Hossamania

As far as OEM, every swap meet I've attended seems to have all manner of OEM signals and lighting available. Craigslist also offers a bunch of stock parts, at least in my area.
Take a look at Ronnie's microfiche, it is very handy to get info on wiring, parts, schematics.

https://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel/13/harleydavidsonmc/207
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.