May 01, 2024, 05:03:39 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

key fob

Started by bobrk1, May 30, 2022, 04:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrk1

have  a  12 limited  I got  gas yesterday  and  it  wouldn't  spin over  when  I  finish . I put  battery  in the key fob last  month , I bought  a  2 pack so  I  put  in the  other  battery  it was  like  there  was  no  fob. I'm  guessing  that  the  fob has stopped  working  has  anyone  else  had this  happen ?  Going  to  call  dealer  tomorrow  for  another  fob ,should  have  got one  before  this  happened .

Deye76

Myself and a couple friends were in a area where none of our bikes would start. Entered our PIN's fired up. Next stop the fobs worked.  :nix:   
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

Tacocaster

This problem has surfaced many times over the years. it's an RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) issue impacting your fob.
Sometimes just pushing the bike a few feet will make all the difference, sometimes it takes more distance to get out of the RFI field. Still others use their pins when they remember them.
We're all A-holes. It's to what degree that makes us different.

Hossamania

I changed my pin to one easily remembered, (no, it's not 1-2-3-4-5, that's my gun safe code) I just have to Google the procedure if I need it. Or, I could write it down and keep it on the bike.
The rfi problem has been discussed here many times. Has the bike been moved, tried again?
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

kd

The connection with the gas pumps is due to wireless senders with the volume and cost to the till.  In other places, look for a radio tower.  Some high frequency lights apparently may be an issue too.
KD

Ohio HD

PIN numbers are easy, just pick a date that was the best day in your life. I use the date my divorce was final. Never forget that day, I had a party for two months.      :beer:     :beer:     :beer:

Coyote

When you turned th ignition on, was the security lamp on? Did the turn signals start flashing?  If not, it's not a security problem.