April 18, 2024, 06:35:41 PM

News:

code

Started by roadkingdresser, May 20, 2022, 03:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkingdresser

Still no luck with this thing.Can't find which sensor is bad. Funny thing about it if it sits for a while it will start up and throttle like there's nothing wrong for a bit then it shuts down. Turn the key off and back on it will fire up,but won't run right.Stihl can't get the codes cleared, it either p037 or p0107. Driving me crazier!   :emoGroan:
roadkingdresser

rigidthumper

That 5V R/W wire feeds sensor voltage from the ECM to the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS), Intake Temp Manifold Air Pressure sensor(TMAP), and the Throttle Position sensor (TPS).
Key on/run-stop switch in the run position, engine off: While measuring the 1/2 volt @ the R/W wire, try unplugging the VSS, and see if it gets to 5V (+/- .5V). If it does, the VSS may be shorted, causing this issue. If the voltage doesn't change, plug it back in, and unplug the TMAP sensor and repeat the measurement. Repeat this technique for all sensors on a specific wire.
Something has to be killing that signal- you'll find, I'm certain.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

bump

Check the head temp sensor on front head

roadkingdresser

Can i just jump in along side the r/w wire at the plug under the seat with the ohm meter and go from there?
roadkingdresser

roadkingdresser

Well thanks to all ofyou I may have found the problem-speedometer sensor. No one has it so I had to order it. supposed to be here sat. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks for the help. :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:  :beer:
roadkingdresser

Coyote

If you unplug it does your 5volts come back? If so, clear the codes and see if they stay gone.

roadkingdresser

I unplugged it and 5 volts came back. Just walked out To the bike and cleared the codes.Shut it off and turned it back on no codes. When I pulled the plug out it was corroded on 1 post. Sprayed some cleaner in plug and the sensor before I took it out,still showed a code. Pulled the sensor out and looked at the bottom of it -had a small bubble on the surface. I'll let you know the new one is now coming fri.
roadkingdresser

Coyote

There ya go. You got it now.  :up:

roadkingdresser

Got the sensor today,put it in and fired rite up and acually kept running and no codes.Have to take it for a ride tomorrow.Has a little sputter when I start to throttle it, but revs rite up.Don't know how old the gas may be,put some sea foam in it. Thanks for all the help I really apreciate you guys! Thanks again. I'm sure you'll hear from me again,just hope not tomorrow!
roadkingdresser

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Ohio HD

A great site to contribute a few Shekels to, so it stays around.      :potstir:

roadkingdresser

roadkingdresser

kd

Quote from: roadkingdresser on May 28, 2022, 03:12:01 AMDONE :agree:

:up:  Now have a look around and check out the little extra benefits.
KD

Ohio HD