Determining What PV Cal is Loaded

Started by rbabos, June 08, 2022, 09:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

Is there any way to determine which PV cal is loaded into the bikes ECM currently? I've not found any way, yet. Maybe someone has a means to find out?
No, not my bike. :teeth:
Ron

Coyote

I thought you could load it back into the PC from the bike and look at the info fields in the map

rbabos

I though the same with hooking up the PC opening Winpv and selecting GetTune. All that does is bring up the slots,  to choose what cal you want to look at.
Ron

Coyote

You need to load the tune into the PV first.  (from the bike)

rbabos

I think you are missing the point. I gave the guy 6 cals and he loaded them but don't know which slot the best cal is in the ECM. Found the solution with load copy process.
Ron

Coyote

I guess I don't understand. The ECM only holds one cal.  :nix:

Use the PV to load it. Then read it from the PV with the PC

rbabos

June 08, 2022, 12:33:07 PM #6 Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 03:52:33 PM by rbabos
Yes but six slots are loaded into the PV and he don't know which on is loaded into the ECM. Anyway, this is the only method I've come across. After testing it on my bike I do not suggest using it. I ran a compare of the load copy and the known cal I run. Not even close to being identical. Not sure what the hell it's  copy of what but it isn't a copy of my current cal. The changes are small however and so close one would be hard pressed to tell copy from original. Example, VE tables delta between the two is 1-2 difference. Even clb tables vary a tad here and there. Again, very small changes. Even cranking fuel in one spot, 2 points. Like WTF. No idea why it does this or how when a copy is made.
Anyway, this is the process.

To Load a Copy of Current Tune File
Use the following steps to load a copy of the current tune file to the Power Vision.
The current tune file is the tune that is currently in the ECM.
1 Turn the ignition key to the On position.
2 Verify the Run/Off switch is in the Run position.
3 Touch Program Vehicle >Load Tune >Load Copy.
4 Touch Load Copy of Current.
This will load a copy of the current tune into the Tune Manager. Once loaded into a slot, it will be converted into a custom tune which can be edited and/or flashed to the ECM.
Ron

rbabos

My mistake. Deltas between copy and actual only vary .1-.2 . I still don't understand why it's not an exact copy. Same amount of delta on the rear VE table.
Ron

rigidthumper

I "think" it's because on specific tables (VE is one) within the HD architecture, the ECM will round up or down to the nearest 1/2 a point, where the PV has a .1 resolution.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

rbabos

Quote from: rigidthumper on June 09, 2022, 10:57:17 AMI "think" it's because on specific tables (VE is one) within the HD architecture, the ECM will round up or down to the nearest 1/2 a point, where the PV has a .1 resolution.
Thanks. That makes sense .
Ron

Jim Bronson

While we're on the subject, how can I remove unwanted tunes from the PV? I have several old tunes that use various configurations that I'll never use again, and I'd rather remove them rather then over-write them.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

FXDBI

You can delete them hooking up to a lap top and accessing the PV.

Jim Bronson

Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.