April 23, 2024, 03:52:23 AM

News:

MT Eliminator Bracket

Started by JamLazyAss, July 13, 2022, 09:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamLazyAss

Which is the correct way to install this bracket?
Does the threaded tab point up or down?

Dumb question, I know...
Thanks.
I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

kd

Usually down but because it is aftermarket it's best to say with the cable exiting the housing in the straightest angle.  FWIW the OEM is  usually available If you want one.
KD

CraigArizona85248

I'm pretty sure the tab has to go in the "down" position.  If it's "up" the position, the adjustment barrel will point right at the oil tank.  At least that's how it works on my panhead.  If you are using an aftermarket oil tank without the base plate, you might be able to install it either way

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Reddog74usa

Yep goes in the down position. I'm finishing up my 62 FLH and wanted to use the mouse trap set up however it doesn't seem to work right with the Rivera Primo clucth thats in it. To get everything to cooperate I have to keep the clutch rod adjusted a bit more tight than I am comfortable with so it looks like I'll be digging out my old moustrap eliminator stuff. Damn shame, I really wanted that look for this build. Rivera clutch wins, mouse trap goes in the box.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

CraigArizona85248

Quote from: Reddog74usa on September 03, 2022, 06:50:46 PMYep goes in the down position. I'm finishing up my 62 FLH and wanted to use the mouse trap set up however it doesn't seem to work right with the Rivera Primo clucth thats in it. To get everything to cooperate I have to keep the clutch rod adjusted a bit more tight than I am comfortable with so it looks like I'll be digging out my old moustrap eliminator stuff. Damn shame, I really wanted that look for this build. Rivera clutch wins, mouse trap goes in the box.

Are you not getting enough pull or too much pull with the mousetrap?

Reddog74usa

Got it sorted out. Had to set the bell crank so that it stayed all the way back. Took a bit more adjusting to get it right but It's real nice now.  :SM: Can't wait to git er done as all I need to do is mount the carb, exhuast and tanks.
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT