April 19, 2024, 02:22:50 PM

News:

Another Idle Problem

Started by Jim Bronson, June 18, 2022, 02:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bronson

I'm breaking in a new S&S BB and 585 cam setup with PV. I'm a newcomer to PV, but I can do a few things like AT and programming.

When the bike is cold, it starts and idles OK. I have the idle set to 1200 because it was close to stalling when stopped when I first started autotuning. The warm idle went to 940 or so.

Now when I do a hot start, it seems to surge up and down slightly before idling steady. Sometimes it won't idle at all during startup unless I give it some throttle. After a few seconds of throttle, it idles OK.

2013 FXDC.

Does this sound familiar?
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

Sunny Jim

Quote from: Jim Bronson on June 18, 2022, 02:26:58 PMI'm breaking in a new S&S BB and 585 cam setup with PV. I'm a newcomer to PV, but I can do a few things like AT and programming.

When the bike is cold, it starts and idles OK. I have the idle set to 1200 because it was close to stalling when stopped when I first started autotuning. The warm idle went to 940 or so.

Now when I do a hot start, it seems to surge up and down slightly before idling steady. Sometimes it won't idle at all during startup unless I give it some throttle. After a few seconds of throttle, it idles OK.

2013 FXDC.

Does this sound familiar?

Back to basics- check inlet manifold for leaks.