April 24, 2024, 11:53:54 AM

News:

Codes?

Started by roadkingdresser, June 20, 2022, 02:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkingdresser

Got a 2003 roadking,when I try to check the codes they come up DO1CLR all the way to D10CLR. Can't clear any only goes to PPU. Anybody run into this problem? Guy put a new fuel pump and regulator in the tank. Pump runs and stops, has spark but won't fire. Any suggestions?
roadkingdresser

Ohio HD

I think these are just place holders for the codes. Check the manual, but I think there are no actual codes showing.

kd

June 20, 2022, 03:10:10 PM #2 Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 05:44:56 PM by kd
It is normal for the pump to run and stop in a few seconds when it reaches system pressure.  If this is happening (especially on first try since the pump change), I suspect the fuel line connector is not properly engaged at the tank fitting.  The system gets up to pressure but the fuel is not passing through the connector.  Remove / split the connector connection by pulling back the slide on the coupling, lube it (the O rings) lightly with some Vaseline or similar lube and push the connector back together taking care to not damage the O rings.
KD

rigidthumper

Prior to 2004, the speedo only showed speedometer codes, not system diagnostic codes.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?