April 23, 2024, 06:53:23 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

water cool Delete

Started by flht1550, June 29, 2022, 03:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flht1550

Is it possible and has anyone deleted there water cooled M8 and converted to oil cooled. I know it doesn't seem smart. Reason is I don't like the full lower fairings all the time and would prefer to have option to removed and reinstall as I wish. I know that a change of oil pumps would be required. What else is needed beside the removal of the fairings, electric water pump and radiators.

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

Thermodyne

Learn to live with the lowers.  Water cooling is one of the best options on Harleys these days.

Hit some of the other forum sources and look at all of the rear jug issues and high crankcase pressure problems.  These are mostly happening on M8's with oil cooled heads.

ziggy24

Quote from: flht1550 on June 29, 2022, 03:48:07 PMIs it possible and has anyone deleted there water cooled M8 and converted to oil cooled. I know it doesn't seem smart. Reason is I don't like the full lower fairings all the time and would prefer to have option to removed and reinstall as I wish. I know that a change of oil pumps would be required. What else is needed beside the removal of the fairings, electric water pump and radiators.

All the plumbing on the heads, heads, oil pump, add oil cooler and associated lines, most likely a trip to the dealer to reprogram ecm to let it know not to look for any h20 cooling info anymore.

rigidthumper

This requires an ECM replacement with a VIN from an oil cooled bike.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?