Tool Review - ERT Products TC-EZ Installation Tool

Started by Ohio HD, June 30, 2022, 05:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

I've used springs from ERT Products in Shovel motors in the past. They work well to raise the oil pressure when you need a little more for the hydraulic lifters and aftermarket cams.

I wanted to find a tool for depressing the oil pop off valve in stock style cam plates. I knew that Feuling made one, and was looking around for others to widen my choices. I came across the tool that ERT makes. It has two features I really like that the Feuling doesn't have. One is it's made from Delrin, and won't scratch the bore of the cam plate. I assume that the Feuling is either steel or aluminum. Also it has a flat side to the tool that allows you to work the pop off spring while the cam plate is mounted to the motor. 

TC-EZ installation Tool

You cannot see attachments on this board.

les

Yes, the Feuling 9000 is aluminum.  I've got one.

Ohio HD

HighLiner

Ohio HD

Sure, it's only purpose is to hold down the spring while you push the roll pin out. And then hold it again when replacing the roll pin in the cam plate.

Admiral Akbar

I think it's more important to use a good roll pin punch, that stays centered on the roll pin. Using a straight pin punch can nick the edge if the hole driving the pin out, creating a sticky spot when trying to remove the relief valve.

hrdtail78

Prettier than mine.  Roll pin punches aren't a must but the cats azz for sure.    You cannot see attachments on this board.
Semper Fi