May 01, 2024, 07:58:46 AM

News:

EITMS

Started by Jim Bronson, June 29, 2022, 09:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Bronson

I'm trying to determine whether my 2013 Dyna has EITMS. There is a paragraph in the owner's manual that states a dealer needs to enable it. However the bike doesn't have cruise control or throttle-by-wire, so the usual way of turning it on and off doesn't apply. The PV has a check box to enable it, but it is grayed out. Maybe it can be enabled but not turned on and off by the rider. Anyone know for sure?
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.

hrdtail78

IIRC 11 and later dynas have it. BUT I don't think it is as straight forward as that.  I know one tuner that allows you to turn it on or off and I think TR does as well. I don't know if you have any control over it with twist grip or anything.  Owners manual will have info.

https://ownersmanuals2.com/harley-davidson/wide-glide-2013-owners-manual-66749

Page 52.
Semper Fi

Ohio HD

According to HD M1220B, all 2009 and newer Dyna and Softail models ship from the factory with EITMS disabled. The way this reads HD has to install a new MAP to enable the use of EITMS.

That being said, if the Dynojet MAP is for EITMS enable, then you should be able to turn it on within PV. Possibly the Dyna MAPS that Dynojet supplies has to be a specific MAP to enable the EITMS? I'd ask Dynojet support if your MAP should allow it to be turned on.

In PV if the EITMS is active, you can turn it off and on under the Limits & Switches heading. Then under the Environment heading there are five values that can be adjusted for the operation of EITMS.

HD M1220B

Jim Bronson

Thanks guys. Good info. I'll next check with Dynojet. This time of year it would come in handy.
Going down that long, lonesome highway. Gonna live life my way.