April 18, 2024, 08:54:09 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Faring repair

Started by hogpipes1, July 01, 2022, 10:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogpipes1

Crack needs a good gorilla type repair glue. What's the  best for this job. 85 Fxrt  Thanks You cannot see attachments on this board.

tdrglide

I would use JB Weld. Figure out a way to hold everything in place until epoxy sets. That's what I used to fix stripped threads on my fairing. Quick set epoxy would probably also work but I always have JB in the garage

guydoc77

I now use plastic welding.
I did buy some ABS plastic "rods" for "filler".
Also made my own ABS "slurry" by just dissolving the ABS in acetone.
For the "welder" I use the Milwaukee M12 cordless solder iron. It is only so-so for soldering but, with the square tip, works quite well as a plastic "welder".
I just finished up a fairing on a Kawasaki 250 Ninja for a friend of mine and it turned out very well.
I also did the "welding" on my son's 2008 inner FLTR fairing and headlight bezel.
There is a learning curve but I highly recommend the "welding" over any type of glue, and I've tried them all.

motorhogman

I repaired my inner fairing windshield mount boss with this stuff a couple of years ago, still solid.You cannot see attachments on this board.
where's the points and condenser ?<br />Tom / aka motor