May 03, 2024, 06:04:36 AM

News:

FOBO2 and BLU TPMS long term opinions..

Started by CndUltra88, July 07, 2022, 11:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CndUltra88

So, was reading the V&H baffle thread and up popped some comments about tpms's .
Got me to surfing ewe toob and of course everyone says the same thing this does this and that does that, I dont like that, but I like this.
So, having just returned from a trip to the flat lands of Saskatchewan (2600km return) where my front tire pressure dropped about 10 lbs over the 10 days the bike and I where away...
What say you that use these systems , does the battery give good life , is the blu tooth strong enough , false readings etc...
I check my tire pressure twice a week during the riding season so not really concerned about being alerted hourly while riding.
On a side note the tire pressure loss I contribute to hitting a bump in the road rather hard and thank-full I didnt have a blow out.
TIA for your wisdom ,opinions and advice.
Amazon Prime has same day delivery right now for $101 so am tempted,lol.
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

Chippitt68

I have the fobo2. I like it fine. Have had a year and one battery is Low. They sent spares. They also sent metal valve stems, which they strongly suggest you install before using the sensor.

jmorton10

July 09, 2022, 02:03:23 PM #2 Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 02:12:48 PM by jmorton10
I have had the Fobo 2 for a couple years, works super.

I replaced my valve stems with the T metal ones at last tire replacements & I replace the sensor batteries every Spring.

As far as bluetooth, I can check my tire pressure from in the house on my S22 Ultra Galaxy.

~John
HC 124", Dragula, Pingel air shift W/Dyna Shift Minder & onboard compressor, NOS

IronButt70

I've used the BLU TPMS system for years and highly recommend it. Whatever system you chose I would also highly recommend you change the valve stems to metal ones. They rubber ones will fail. Ask me how I know. I change the sensor batteries once a year and carry spares with me. Never had one go dead.
No one else put you on the road you're on. It's your own asphalt.

CndUltra88

Thank You Gentlemen , I'll plan now for the next tire change ....
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan