April 24, 2024, 07:02:08 PM

News:

2020 road king special not starting

Started by Hammer21, July 04, 2022, 06:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer21

Hello everyone first post here maybe someone can help me out.
I have a 2020 road king special with a 122 and woods xe 22 cam with a thunder max tuner. Having a problem with starting since i got back from Harley dealer that installed upgrade. When you turn on ignition switch sometime speedometer needle does not fully sweep it wants to go backwards then only goes half way and will not turn over because compression release valves are not energized. Turn off and try again starts right up you can tell when it will fail by watching needle sweep. There are no codes or faults bike runs great 
2020 road king special 122 stage 3 xe22 cam

Hammer21

Just to give a quick history on my bike last year ecm died and a 2020 is a one year only ecm that is why the thunder max tuner with chip shortage and covid bike Harley had no replacement ecm. Then this year wanted to do a stage 2 then dealer broke off lifter cuff bolt so they had to replace the case. So after a month in the shop waiting for a case decided to do a stage 3 at cost of parts no labor. Really don't want to take bike back thinking they love my bike more than me they always want to keep it.

Hammer21

One more twist to my problem when you turn on run switch then ignition switch bike seems to turn over easier. Do the opposite ignition then run switch 90 percent fail rate. 

Hammer21

Took tank off and checked every connection I could find today no luck going to install stock ecm with a pro street tuner just to rule out thunder max program. Need to get a cable to link to bike from local dealer. Will update in a few days.