April 24, 2024, 03:10:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

17.8 AFR at 2% TP or decel at high rpms

Started by Wookie3011, July 04, 2022, 05:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wookie3011

July 04, 2022, 05:02:11 PM Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 05:41:42 PM by Wookie3011
Got my bike back from the tuner and been running her. I noticed that when I let off the throttle to coast that it goes 15-17.8 AFR and also experience Hella popping. Is this dangerous for my motor? I wanted to upload my log file but to large. Megalog shows in scatter plot that all happens between 1600-4900RPM and below 25KPA TPS 2-3%. Basically when deceleration at cruise. MPH is between 1-80. All the time. I can email the log file for anyone interested. Thanks my setup is 124" 2016 Twin cam. Dynojet powervision with TT/WB running.

harpwrench

No it isn't dangerous just annoying. Fuel lighting off in the pipe. It needs to be either leaner or way richer to take care of the decel pop. It also needs to be in open loop in that area so the ECM doesn't control it with the sensors. Some calibrations/tuners actually shut the injectors off on decel. I think Joe might prefer the lean it out strategy because it's cleaner and less likely to contribute to carbon buildup. You should let him take care of you.

Wookie3011

I'll give him a call tomorrow. I just needed to know if it was a issue before I wasted his time. Thanks for the response.

hrdtail78

Is this something you street tuned or did Joe tune it?  Not trying to get into his egg basket but....

Seems you have mapped out where it is happening.  I would add .5 afr or lambda equivalent to the cells you have mapped out as lean cells. Test and repeat.   I work up to it.  Stepping on it too hard can create a rich pop. 

I would think that if one of these things could cause any damage.  A rich pop could be more harmful. 
Semper Fi

Wookie3011

I'm letting the tuner work on it. I just didn't want to pester him for nothing. What I mean is I wasn't sure if this was Normal operation. If it was then no reason to waste his time. If not however then I needed to know. Ultimately I would like to learn as much as I can during processes that I'm ignorant to. Tuning and cams are both areas, I'm super curious to learn more about. I would like to be able to make small changes to fueling in areas. I'm still learning. Thanks for responding. Trying to learn more about tuning in general.