March 29, 2024, 02:11:00 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

updateing a gts radio

Started by moose, July 06, 2022, 03:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

I have a 2020 ultra limited and am trying to update the radio to a later update. I have put the update on a flash drive (it;s the only thing on the drive) the screen comes up no useable files then I press to pass that statement then it just sits there and won't update. I know the connection is good I use my phone and spotify all the time now I'm lost and don't know what to do.  I tried 2 different flash sticks reformatted the sticks so nothing but the unzipped files are on there.
Moose aka Glenn-

wrenchspinner3

I could be wrong, but if I recall correctly, once you unzip the download you only want to put the ISO file on the thumb drive. Don't put any of the other text files etc., and don't open the ISO file before copying it to your drive,just drag the complete file over. Also, make absolutely sure you have a clean thumb drive with no other sort of files on it. When you 'delete' files from the thumb drive, you still need to 'empty the trash' on the computer itself, with the thumb drive connected. However, that's probably not the issue if you just re-formatted the thumb drive.

03rg

Agreed, as I remember it you just want the .iso file on the flash drive.

moose

found the problem you can not use a 32 gb flash drive the max that will work is a 16gb    put it on the 16 and everything worked as it should
Moose aka Glenn-

FloridaJim5

Quote from: moose on July 13, 2022, 06:38:31 AMfound the problem you can not use a 32 gb flash drive the max that will work is a 16gb    put it on the 16 and everything worked as it should

The size of the USB doesn't matter unless it's too small.  I just updated my GTS radio today with a 32gb USB flash drive and it worked fine.  You must have unzipped it differently when you used the smaller drive  :idunno: 
or maybe you had the file folder on the drive and it just needs to be the unzipped version of the software without the folder.