April 24, 2024, 10:22:20 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Shovelhead Minimal Lights Wiring Harness

Started by yarddogg77, July 07, 2022, 11:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yarddogg77

The last time I put my Shovel together I bought an Ultima chopper wiring harness kit which includes the box with the built in breakers and turn signal flashers. It's not a terrible unit, but I really hate the way the turn signals blink 10 times then shut off no matter what. I also ended up with a lot more wiring on the bike than I really wanted because every circuit starts at the box, goes to the switch, then back to the box, then out to the unit it operates (light bulbs, etc.) The only decent place to mount it was under the seat, and it get's in the way of my oil filter, I hate the module. I have a manual flasher module which is made for momentary buttons like Harleys have, and will only cancel when I push the turn signal button the second time. I'm looking for a minimalist wiring kit for the lights only, mainly just the color coded wires, if it has actual Harley pigtails that would be a bonus. Or if someone has a detailed minimalist wiring diagram to share with me that would be great. I can modify as needed. I guess it wouldn't bother me to use custom colors, and bullet connectors in place of pigtails. I plan to have all the turn signals high beams and breakers would be great too. Maybe I should include a headlight relay.
My shop has a grass floor and really high ceiling... Yard - Dogg

crock

There are some diagrams pined to the to of this section if that helps
Crock