SE Adjustable Pushrod Kit with Feuling HP+Lifters, how many turns?

Started by FranBunnyFFXII, July 20, 2022, 01:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FranBunnyFFXII

I wanted to ask about SE Adjustable Pushrods and Preload on Lifters.

I currently have the stock lifters in my bike with a Stage2 SE8-447 Cam, but have Feuling HP+ lifters to replace them. I used an oil squirt can to squirt oil into them and they are soaking inside of a clean tub filled with brand new oil.

I was reading the instructions for the Feuling HP+ Lifters and noticed that in their charts, they spec for Pushrods 24threads per inch, Feuling is Calling for 2.39 turns to preload their lifters properly.
SE Adjustable pushrods for M8 are 24 thread per inch correct?
The Pushrod instructions state 2.5 turns.
HP+Lifters are Full Travel lifters with .2 travel, .1 being the goal in the center.
The literature states The lifters are designed to run between .09 to .1 preload in one place, and .09 to .110 in another spec.

So what should I go for here in terms of options of making this easy:

2 turns+2 flats=2.34(Closer to 2.39)
2 turns+3Flats=2.5(Farther from 2.39, but done according to Spec on the SE Instructions, and is what is recommended with the stock Tappets from HD)

As it is right now with the Stock Lifters, I used 2.5turns.

OldMike already weighed in on this for me on HD Forums, and said 2.5 would be fine. I'm inclined to agree that 2.5 turns is perfectly fine.

I'd like to hear more opinions on the matter.
2018 Fat Boy 114 "Rayearth" Resurgence Limited Paint, 20/150. Stage 2 SE-447

Pirsch Fire Wagon

Tom

rigidthumper

Like you said, the goal is to achieve 1/2 plunger travel, +/- a tenth. 2.5 turns is adequate for most all 24 TPI pushrods. I use 3 turns, setting the plunger at 1/8th of an inch. So far no drama, but I've only been around HDs for a few decades  :smile:
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

FranBunnyFFXII

Thank you for the input everyone, I went with 2.5 turns as suggested.
Set of brand new Feuling HP+Lifters in my bike now.

I was able to install them without having to take the exhaust off.
2018 Fat Boy 114 "Rayearth" Resurgence Limited Paint, 20/150. Stage 2 SE-447