April 19, 2024, 07:01:58 AM

News:

Closed loop CLI

Started by Wookie3011, July 20, 2022, 09:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wookie3011

What would cause Closed loop to work harder in the rear cylinder? Reversion? Leaks?
You cannot see attachments on this board.

Sunny Jim

Quote from: Wookie3011 on July 20, 2022, 09:24:29 PMWhat would cause Closed loop to work harder in the rear cylinder? Reversion? Leaks?
You cannot see attachments on this board.
Target tune??

Wookie3011

Yes, Target Tune With WB02's 2016 FLSTFBS 124" Star Racing 650's Larson 110 heads, D&D Zilla.

Sunny Jim

Quote from: Wookie3011 on August 02, 2022, 03:30:48 PMYes, Target Tune With WB02's 2016 FLSTFBS 124" Star Racing 650's Larson 110 heads, D&D Zilla.

Without seeing data, I would suggest you auto tune it carefully 2-3 times.
Auto tune parameters need to be considered.
I would like to see your AFFs. - long term fuel trims.
The rear CLI indicates that it is clearly adding fuel.

Jamie Long

Very likely some mild reversion or off throttle transient, appears it's only 5-10% so its likely a non issue.

Wookie3011

Thanks, these cams do have lots of reversion. I remember when I was doing heat cycles, I would have swore I had an intake Leak. I even tore it down 3 times to fix it. It wasn't until I did the propane tests and not the starting fluid test that I figured out what I was seeing in the data was reversion. I'm not going to go to crazy trying to mess with it as I have a great Tuner who tuned it and I trust his work. I'm also switching cams to something with more duration to square up my power and squeeze every last pony out of this build.

rigidthumper

What's the next cam selection? Will that include a compression bump?
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

Wookie3011

Quote from: rigidthumper on August 04, 2022, 10:18:59 AMWhat's the next cam selection? Will that include a compression bump?

Yes, as a matter of fact it does. CR651 At 11:3:1 is what wes said would be good for 91 weak sauce gas. It's getting there that will be the challenge. Still haven't figured out what would be the BEST way to get to 11.3:1. When I CC'd my heads they Where at 97-98. That was about 3cc's leaking into my compression releases but it still counts right? I'm sure it's do to me having the MVA valves put in or?? Maybe not. Thought about not using base gaskets which would put me at .019 out the hole on each side and shave .010-.020 which according to bigboyz would put me 11.28:1 close enough for me. The other option would be new pistons. The down side to that would be the fact that these where fit to my cylinders. I can't help myself :doh: I'm hooked. What do you think? Should I go a different way? I've got 680 springs it. :chop: