April 23, 2024, 07:18:19 PM

News:

IONQ1 IONQ2

Started by Wookie3011, July 21, 2022, 03:23:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wookie3011

When plotting these signals out is there a threshold that the ECM waits to see that then records a knockct? I assume it's a 0-5V signal. I may be wrong on this, but I get max 5v on data graphs. When the system does reach this threshold does it create a knockct and therfore pulls timing or is there another threshold before the knockct threshold that the ECM sees but doesn't pull timing but creates a knockct or vice versa? Or does it reach a lesser threshold pulls timing but doesn't count it as knockct because it didn't reach the higher threshold or signal.

hrdtail78

A few different thresholds are engine temp, rpm and map in order for the knock detection to be paid attention to.  From my best understanding.  The long term is based on what the short term sees.  The question of how long will long term hold the knock event in it's history and pull timing because of it.  I don't know all the thresholds for this in the HD delphi.  BUT with other systems.  How much needs to be removed in the short term does have influence over how many key cycles it will keep it in adaptive.  Shutting off short term does not stop adaptive from doing what it does, but it will not learn any more.  Once it is decayed.  It wont pull anymore timing.

Usually how it is set up with the 0-5 volt.  Voltage is transferred to a %.  (Made up numbers)  If 2.5 volts equals 50% and the ecm understands that 50% means the bike had ping and 2 degrees will be enough to make it quit.  60% might mean 4 degrees needs to be pulled.  70% means 6 degrees........  But these are up to degrees of timing because if parameter is set up not to pull any more than 6.  It won't pull out more than that no mater if sensor is sending out 5 volts with a threshold of 10 degrees being pulled if limited it to 6 degrees.

As for as how much knock needs to be pulled or how many times it needs to see it before it is locked into long term.  I don't know and I don't believe it is one answer for all bike models or the same from tuner to tuner.  One of the things we don't have access to with any tuners and I am not 100% sure all tuning devices go this for into the code to be able to have control over it or to be able to create tables so we do have access to it. I do know that sensitivity is set up different from one cal to the next.  One tuning device showed you this in the name.  Two cals could have the same name and the last letter designated how sensitive the knock system was. It does seem that the later cals gave access to the temp threshold and later came map and rpm threshold.  Maybe more will come.

Semper Fi

Wookie3011

July 21, 2022, 06:24:10 PM #2 Last Edit: July 21, 2022, 07:21:03 PM by Ohio HD
Quote from: hrdtail78 on July 21, 2022, 09:17:36 AMA few different thresholds are engine temp, rpm and map in order for the knock detection to be paid attention to.  From my best understanding.  The long term is based on what the short term sees.  The question of how long will long term hold the knock event in it's history and pull timing because of it.  I don't know all the thresholds for this in the HD delphi.  BUT with other systems.  How much needs to be removed in the short term does have influence over how many key cycles it will keep it in adaptive.  Shutting off short term does not stop adaptive from doing what it does, but it will not learn any more.  Once it is decayed.  It wont pull anymore timing.

Usually how it is set up with the 0-5 volt.  Voltage is transferred to a %.  (Made up numbers)  If 2.5 volts equals 50% and the ecm understands that 50% means the bike had ping and 2 degrees will be enough to make it quit.  60% might mean 4 degrees needs to be pulled.  70% means 6 degrees........  But these are up to degrees of timing because if parameter is set up not to pull any more than 6.  It won't pull out more than that no mater if sensor is sending out 5 volts with a threshold of 10 degrees being pulled if limited it to 6 degrees.

As for as how much knock needs to be pulled or how many times it needs to see it before it is locked into long term.  I don't know and I don't believe it is one answer for all bike models or the same from tuner to tuner.  One of the things we don't have access to with any tuners and I am not 100% sure all tuning devices go this for into the code to be able to have control over it or to be able to create tables so we do have access to it. I do know that sensitivity is set up different from one cal to the next.  One tuning device showed you this in the name.  Two cals could have the same name and the last letter designated how sensitive the knock system was. It does seem that the later cals gave access to the temp threshold and later came map and rpm threshold.  Maybe more will come.

Thanks, that makes sense. I was hoping to be able to put correlations between Q1 and other data to help in identification of true knock vs false.